Tips for women dating a shorter man.

goodmorningbeautifulG
Member
goodmorningbeautiful
Short Cadette
Height: 5'8
Location: Toronto, Canada
Joined: Nov 05, 2015
Posts: 3
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
LowerViewCa$h: 0

Offline

Dating
Tips for women dating a shorter man.
post #1

Morning!

Looking for a bit of (silly) advice. I just started dating a guy 4 inches shorter than me and I haven't quite mastered the hugging part. I just don't want to make him feel awkward. Should my arms go over the shoulders or try to get under his arms? Usually guys I've dated are my height or taller and my arms end up around my partner's waist...

I feel silly asking - but too awkward at this early stage to ask him directly.

So.... what's the general preference?

ThatFlyShortGuy
Member
ThatFlyShortGuy
Short Baron
Height: 5'7
Location: Queens, NYC, United States
Joined: Apr 16, 2014
Posts: 408
Reactions: 50
Score: 23 | 3
LowerViewCa$h: 83

Offline

Re: Tips for women dating a shorter man.
post #2

I think you should hug him however you want. If it's your first time dating a guy shorter than you, then I get why you're asking the question, but you two will figure out what works for you. Hug him like you care about him or want to display affection. Obviously since he is short he knows that he won't be able to hug you the way he does someone shorter than himself. 

SIMILAR THREADS REPLIES VIEWS
LAST POST
Tall Woman Livid Short Women Want Taller Men

5'6 men need love, but not from her.

Tall men want love, but not from her.

Go figure...

0 285
Tue Sep 01, 2026 05:57 PM
Man Posts On Women's Board For Reassurance. Leaves With Brutal Height Pills Instead.

\"Man

\"Man

\"Man

\"Man

Dude had no idea what was coming.

Go figure...

1 809
Thu Aug 27, 2026 07:17 PM
She Warns Women To Stay Away From Short Men

Because short men everywhere are just "lining up" to date her.

Go figure...

0 330
Tue Jul 21, 2026 10:28 AM
Tall Woman Finds Way To Blame Short Men For Her Dating Problems

\"https://x.com/lialiascg/status/2074833465187447131\"

\"Tall

\"Tall

This is her example of "consideration".

Go figure...

0 414
Mon Jul 13, 2026 07:27 AM
Just Date Shorter Women They Say....

"Lot's of shorter women out there for shorter guys!".

Go figure...

0 373
Sun Jul 12, 2026 06:06 AM